Pau's Blog

This is my blog that Mr.Hide made me do in English class! Have fun!!!! Bye!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Problems in My Life

When I have a problem, I usually try to calm down before saying anything. If I don't calm down, the things can get worse. Some bad habits I have when dealing with a problem are that if I'm under too much pressure I can get really angry and that will obviously make the problem harder to solve. When I am under pressure in a problem I try to discuss it or talking about the problem with the person but not shouting or raising the voice lever. Using that way, slowly, it is easier for both people to solve the problem because both are more peaceful and calmer. When I have time to reflect, I usually solve the problem a lot faster because sometimes when I'm angrier I make the problem worse, maybe it is a simple problem but if I'm angry I can think of it as a really hard one.

A mistake I have made when having to solve a problem with other person is when I blame the other person and maybe I'm even involved in the problem too. My mistake was that one time I was playing soccer with my cousin. I was the goalkeeper of my team and my cousin was in the other team. Then she kicked the ball and it hit the post so it wasn't a goal and she thought it was a goal. We got mad at each other and I was super angry at her. What caused me to make that mistake was that I hate when people cheat in sports and also if that goal was accepted her team would be winning unfairly.

I obviously tried to fix the mistake, we talked and we got to an agreement. Since half of the players said it was a goal and the other half said it wasn't. We got calmed down again so we decided that she could do a penalty and if she scored it would be an accepted goal and if not...well, it wouldn't be a goal. Finally she kicked and the ball entered but this time I wasn't mad because I knew it was an okay goal and that it wasn't unfair. After we apologized to each other and we kept playing and everything was good after that.

That was my problem and I am glad we solved it on time because then it could have led to other problems that could've been worse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luis Carlos U. said...

Paula, I really admire the fact that you can calm down before you do anything. This is important, because even though sometimes you get really mad, you solve the problem. With the soccer problem of yours I can see that you are a good mediator. Another thing to consider, is that if you get mad before solving a problem, there will be consequences. This makes me think of a time I made a mistake and I kept blaming someone, even though I didn't know if I was right. Your post is relevant, because, we should all try to be better problem solvers.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home