Pau's Blog

This is my blog that Mr.Hide made me do in English class! Have fun!!!! Bye!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Surfin'


I think surfing is a really cool sport. Why? Some people just think of surfing as a regular sport. I think of it as the coolest sport ever. I love the sea and the ocean and swimming and all that and I love sports, surf is the perfect combination between those too. You need to know how to differ from a bad wave and a good wave. You need to know how to swim and even do first aids! There are lots of ways to practice surfing. You can do body surfing, or even get up and surf the waves in an original surf board. Surfing is not just getting in a board and waveriding. No, to surf, you need to know how to differ good waves from bad waves. Good waves will be very long so you will have a better experience, bad waves can be ridden, but maybe they won't be as long and as fast. Some of the best pros in surfing are Andy Irons, Bobby Martinez, Layne Beachley, Jeremy Flores, Stephanie Gilmore, and more! They all belong to the ASP (Association of Surfing Proffesionals). Like in tennis or other sports, surfers do tours around the world and they compete. There are also some top places to surf at, like in Oahu, a beach in Hawaii, the Fiji Islands, Gold Coast in Australia, and more. To surf, you will need to know how to swim in the ocean. Also it is good to know first aids because you never know what the sea has prepared for you. It takes a while to master the tricks, but after you do it, then you'll want to learn more and more! Surfing is just..super cool!

Personally, I think that surfing is really cool! It lets you do fun tricks and turns and all that stuff over a wave literally. Although it takes a while to master them, I think once you know them very well, they rock!

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel T. said...

Hey Paula! I really like how you expressed your feelings about surfing. I agree with what you say because sports in the water are great, one of my posts is about sports in the sea. Surfing is really cool, I hope you are a great surfer. Keep up the great work on your post!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home