Pau's Blog

This is my blog that Mr.Hide made me do in English class! Have fun!!!! Bye!

Friday, February 02, 2007

Our School

I was looking at the project wiki and I saw that April in Mr. Fisher's class asked about how was our school so I decided to answer that question in this week's post. :)

Our school is a little bit small but it is going to move to a bigger place out of the city in about two years because it is only being constructed now. I'm very excited to be in that school because I think it will be very cool to have new rooms, soccer fields, and things like that.

Our school from now is in the middle of the city. It has a big building of four floors for grades 3 to 12. One floor is down and it doesn't have any classrooms but it is the place were we have flag ceremonies and things like that. High school is on the second floor, middle school is on the third floor, and grades three, four, and five are on the last floor. I'm happier now that I'm in middle school because I didn't like going up all those stairs.

A very cool thing about our school is that it is right in front of the beach. You just need to cross the street and you get there. We do many activities and experiments there. Like a week ago we went to the beach for science class to study something about the sand dunes with the sand. It was very cool to get out of the classroom but it was so hot outside!

The school also has three places to play sports. A basketball court, a soccer field, and a court where you can play basketball, volleyball, or micro soccer. It also has a playground where the little kids play. There are six recess through all the day. Two recess for elementary, two for middle school, and two for high school. This happens so the lines in the cafeteria aren't that big and also you are always with your friends. Our school cafeteria has two cashiers. They sell food like brownies, sandwiches, chips, soda, juices, yogurt, crackers, and things like that. Most people buy in the cafeteria and don't bring their lunch from home.

We have many classes each week. We have normal classes like math, science, social studies, Spanish, and things like that. Also, each four months we can choose between drama class or art class. 7B right now has art and 7A (us) has drama which are one day a week. Also we have fun and academic electives. Our fun electives are like board game creation, destination imagination, reading for pleasure, kindness and leadership, digital photography, and others. Academic electives are fun with physics, singing, percussion, and much more. You can only choose one academic and one fun elective. I am in board game creation and fun with physics :-S.

So, that was all my answer for April's question about how our school is like. I wrote about how our school is physically and what are the classes, etc. Hope you enjoy it! Bye! :D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paula!
I was recently at the wiki and saw that you wanted to work on the same issue I did. I think we should start talking about and researching this issue now. On my blog I am going to write a post on our issue, so if you'd like you can check it out at http://annar.learnerblogs.org/
Anna

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paula!
It's Anna again!:-P. I just thought I would let you know that I am interested in the same topic as you for the International Teen Life Project. I am about to write a blog post at my blog
( annar.learnerblogs.org/ ) and I would appreciate it if you left your thoughts for me. Thanks!
♥Anna

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paula
I saw that you wanted to do the same project as me and Anna. We were thinking of doing a video, or pod cast, or wiki, or a power point presentation. So if you want to post a comment on my blog for what you want to do just go to http://randyh.learnerblogs.org/
I would like if you came to my blog and said your thought on mine too.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home